Strengths: organizational development and strategic thinking, synthesizing and formulating organizational essentials, structure, roles and relations; analysis of situational challenges, ability to see all sides, developing productive options with guidance towards success;
Non-profit organizational background:
- Executive Director: hire and manage staff, strategic planning, fund development and grant writing, marketing, union negotiations, operations, bookkeeping, etc.
- Board Chair: nurture organizational growth and guide systemic transformations
- Program/Artistic Director: responsible for the artistic product, program planning and execution.
Case work examples:
Lamorinda Arts Council – organizational transformation
- scaled organization by 3X, serving 52k from 17k
- added literary arts to the overall mission
- rebranded organization with new logo with matching style sub logos for each program
- developed and launched: Short Documentary Film Festival, Poet Laureate post, monthly professional poetry readings, Art Embraces Words combining Art with new author presentations, Incubator program to nurture new arts organizations, curation of new gallery, Arts Ambassadors for Lafayette and Moraga
- Eliminated non-productive programs
- Replaced a less successful fund raising event with one that produced 5X the income
- Designed position and hired organization’s first managing director
- Revised bylaws, modernized structure with clarification of board/management roles & responsibilities, officer term limits, etc. to professionalize the organization
Pacific Chamber Orchestra founding Music and Executive Director since inception. Nurtured organization through every phase of organizational development.
Arts Moves Project: guided founders from the idea stage to creation of a non-profit association under a fiscal sponsor; consulted on board development, grants, securing individual donors, fundraising events and organizational structure.
Patron: consulted in design of restricted endowment gift; the first and lead gift to the private secondary school attended as a student.
For the then executive director of the San Francisco Shakespeare Festival: helped guide through and sort out overlapping areas and program responsibilities resulting from board having added a second executive position.
BA in Philosophy with Minors Mathematics and Music San Jose State University
MA in Philosophy San Jose State University / MM Performance Dominican University of San Rafael
Doctoral studies in the Philosophy of Music and Conducting University of California at Los Angeles
Awards: Arts Recognition Award Arts and Culture Commission of Contra Costa County Arts
Chancellor’s Fellowship: University of California at Los Angeles
Position Paper: The Devoted Audience (2018)
If you have a situation that you would like input on please fill out the CONTACT/INQUIRY form.